There are some common breakup stages that more or less everybody has to go through. You can not avoid going through these stages if you were loyal about the relationship, and, did not ever thought this could happen. Be it you are a man or a woman, at the end of the day, you are a human being and human has some common natural instincts that you also carry. And after a breakup, those common behaviors come out with emotions. I am not saying that this is gender independent because both males and females have their own way of behavior and different ways to express themselves. But there are some common stages that every person has to go through after a breakup. In this article, we will talk about those common stages.
If you want to know more in-depth about gender-specific behavior and breakup stages that men and women have to go through after a breakup, then you can read Stages of a Breakup for Guys & Stages of a Breakup for Women.
So, as we were saying, there are some common behaviors, let me shortlist them at first and then we can talk about them individually. Here is the list:
- Seeking Answers: The “Why Me!” Stage
- Denial: When You Think You are Actually Dreaming
- Trying to Patch Up: The “I’ll do whatever You Want” Stage
- Anger: When You Give Up After Trying
- Trying to Accept: When You Start to Believe that It isn’t a Dream
- Moving On: You Finally Move on & Try to Keep Yourself Happy